The Regional Offices of DOST are mandated by law to:
1. Identify S&T needs and opportunities in the region;
2. Formulate a Regional S&T Plan;
3. Plan and implement programs and projects on R&D and the delivery of S&T services;
4. Monitor and coordinate programs and projects of DOST Councils, Institutes and Support Agencies in the region;
5. Develop institutional linkages; and6. Provide grants-in-aid.
Excellent prime mover of regional and countryside development with equity.
Spearhead scientific, technological and innovation efforts and ensure that these result to maximum economic and social benefits for the people in the region.