The National Academy of Science and Technology, Philippines (NAST PHL) will conduct its 43rd Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) on 13-15 July 2021. In preparation for ASM, NAST PHL, in cooperation with the MindaDOST Cluster led by DOST-Caraga, will conduct the Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao Regional Scientific Meeting (RSM). The #MindanaoRSM2021 is set on 27-28 April 2021 via Zoom and Facebook Live.
This year’s Mindanao Regional Scientific Meeting (RSM) theme anchors on: “COVID-19 Pandemic: Learning from the Past, Coping with the Present, Moving to the Next”.
Topics to be discussed during the 2-day virtual #MindanaoRSM2021 include:
- Impact of COVID-19 in the Mindanao Regional Food System;
- Nexus of Health Risk – Natural Resources Degradation;
- Biosystems Modeling of Hazard and Risks;
- Biology and Evolution of Viruses like SARS-COV2;
- Supply Chain of Healthcare Resources;
- Balanced Regional Development: Planning Components to Support New Growth Areas;
- Work-from-home Arrangements;
- COVID-19 Impact on Basic and Higher Education;
- Health vs. Economy: How to Strike the Balance;
- Learning Challenges;
- Vaccine Hesitancy;
- Addressing the COVID-19 Problem in the Region; and
- Preparing for Future Pandemics
Entries for the #MindanaoRSM2021 Scientific Poster Session are now up for public viewing via NAST-PHL’s Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/nastphl/posts/3881417405228436. Learn about the studies of our Mindanao researchers and vote for your favorite poster. Follow the Facebook Pages of NAST-PH and DOST-Caraga for more updates.