“COVID-19 Pandemic: Learning from the Past, Coping with the Present, Moving to the Next” 27-28 April 2021 via Zoom
CALL FOR POSTERS (DEADLINE IS EXTENDED)
Papers for the Scientific Posters Session in line with this year’s theme: “COVID-19 Pandemic: Learning from the Past, Coping with the Present, Moving to the Next.” The papers must be: (a) original or have not been presented in any other forum, event or competition, (b) based at least on undergraduate thesis research, not based on high school science projects or class laboratory experiments, and (c) not based on preliminary data.
AUTHORS ARE REQUESTED TO SUBMIT THEIR ABSTRACTS AT firstname.lastname@example.org NOT LATER THAN 24 MARCH 2021. ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED IN ANY OTHER MANNER SHALL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
The format specified below shall be followed:
- Margin: Top and Bottom = 1 in; Right and Left = 0.75 in
- Font type: Times New Roman
- Title (centered, bold, upper and lower case, font size: 12)
- Author(s) (centered, upper and lower case, font size: 11); authors should use first and surname; with presenting author underlined and asterisk(s) indicating co-author(s); major/main author name in bold face
- Affiliation (centered, upper and lower case); if authors are from different institutions indicate with superscripts respective affiliations. Include address of the presenting author to enable interested parties to contact author; including telephone, fax, and e-mail.
- Abstract body (justified, font size: 11)
- Keywords (justified in lower case)
- Word format (97-2003 version)
Guidelines in preparing abstracts
- The “Abstract” should fit in one page
- The “Introduction” part should contain the scope and purpose of the work in 2-3 short sentences only.
- The “Experimental Approach” should be described briefly.
- Only “Highlights of Results” should be presented, which should be quantitative if possible, or as the nature of the paper permits.
- Uncommon acronyms should be spelled out the first time they are used; if several acronyms are used, they should be listed with their meanings at the end of abstract.
- Only major “Conclusions” should be stated
- No more than five keywords should be mentioned
Open to researchers from Caraga region.
Three (3) papers will be chosen to submit their digital posters and will get a chance to win cash prizes during the Mindanao Regional Scientific Meeting.
For clarifications, you may contact the MindaDOST Office Secretariat at email@example.com