In celebration of the 2021 National Women’s Month and in support of the #WeMakeChange campaign, the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) Mindanao Regional Offices invite interested individuals to a Mobile Photography Contest with the theme: “Sina Juana, Juan at Siyensya laban sa Pandemya: Kaya!”
The entry submission must be the entrant’s original work and not defame nor breach any copyrights or contain anything that could be deemed offensive or inappropriate. Any material that is deemed unsuitable will not be taken into consideration.
The submission must be accompanied by a title with a written caption no more than 150 words explaining what the picture is meant to illustrate or giving a summary of the content/context. The caption should be well written and give the story of the photograph (e.g. who, what, when, where, why). If any, names of people in close-up should be included.The captions may be written in your own local language or in English and submitted in the attached registration form.
Entries must be received by DOST Caraga no later than 5 PM on the 15th of March 2021 through this form: http://bit.ly/WMMinPhotoReg. Filename should be in this format [Last Name_First Name_Photo Title].
- Each entrant may submit one (1) photo taken using a smartphone with camera not under 12 Megapixels
- All photo entries must be appropriate to the competition topic and must have been taken by the entrant
- Photographs must be in JPEG format with a minimum resolution of 72 dpi
- Photos should be uploaded in the registration form provided [Google form link]
- The content should not be digitally altered significantly beyond standard optimization as in cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc. The use of third-party apps such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom or any mobile editing apps is prohibited.
- It is not permissible to alter the basic reality of a photograph. No removal or insertion of objects from the photo. No cloning pixels to create a new image or add to an image. No radical color changes.
- Participants should strictly follow rules and regulations on health protocols set by the Department of Health and the Interagency Task Force (IATF) (e.g. wearing of mask and face shield, physical distancing, disinfection, handwashing and sanitizing).
Who Can Participate?
- Anyone between 15 and 35 years of age
- Mindanao based participants (address indicated in the registration form)
- Looking forward to participants coming from diverse backgrounds
- People of all experience levels from first timer, hobbyist to professional photographers
After receiving all entries, the judges will choose 3 winners for the contest based on:
- Relevance to the topic – 35%
- Creativity and Originality – 20%
- Clear, matching message and a compelling story behind the picture based on the 150-word summary submitted in addition to the photograph – 20%
- Technical execution – 25%
First Prize- Php 5,000
Second prize – Php 4,000
Third Prize – Php 3,000
People’s Choice Award – Php 3,000
The entries and winners will be presented during the MindaDOST GAD Forum entitled “Babae sa Kauswagan: Celebrating Success in Mindanao” on March 18, 2021.
Copyrights, Creative Commons, and Usage Rights
The copyright retains with the original author. All entrants understand that the accepted images may be used by the DOST Caraga in all media and publications, without any remuneration being due. If anyone has any dissent, we can upon agreement not use his or her work in marketing. No dissent upon submission will be deemed as agreeing on the rules.