The Department of Science and Technology Regional Office – Caraga (DOST-CARAGA), one of 16 regional offices of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) and mandated to: (1) carry out laws, rules, regulations, policies, plans, programs, and projects of the Department; (2) provide effective and efficient Science & Technology (S&T) services to the people in the region; and (3) coordinate with other government agencies and local government units in the region on S&T matters, is in need of a REGIONAL DIRECTOR.
The Regional Director for DOST- Caraga shall provide leadership in the formulation of policies, strategies, and implementation of programs/projects in the region. S/he shall be stationed at the DOST- Caraga regional office at the Caraga State University Campus, Ampayon, Butuan City.
- Must be a Filipino Citizen;
- Must have at least:
- A Master’s Degree in S&T Related Fields or Management OR Certificate in Leadership and Management from the Civil Service Commission (CSC); PhD degree in S&T related fields or Management preferred;
(NOTE: If the applicant’s Master’s degree is in management, his/ her undergraduate degree should be in S&T related field.)
- At least FIVE (5) years of supervisory/management experience (the last three (3) years of which are with least very satisfactory rating); and
- 120 hours of management and technical trainings/learning and development interventions undertaken;
(NOTE: The applicant should have undertaken at least 40 hours of technical trainings and 80 hours of management training/ learning and development interventions.)
- Career Executive Services (CES) Eligibility;
[In the absence of CES eligibility, the candidates must undergo the process of obtaining eligibility within one (1) year from assumption of duty]
- Must not have been convicted of any administrative offense or crime; and
- Must be of good health.
Monthly salary at SG-28-1; Representation and Transportation Allowance Communication Allowance, PERA and Additional Compensation, and other allowable benefits such as those provided under the Magna Carta for Scientists and Engineers.
- Relevant Education (relevant to the position applied for)
- Relevant Management Experiences
- Relevant Training
- Job Competency (core, organizational, leadership, and technical)
- Personal Qualities and Attributes
Documents to be submitted together with the application letter:
- Copy of curriculum vitae addressing the selection criteria indicated above, listing three (3) references;
- CSC Form No. 212 (Personal Data Sheet) and Attachment to CSC Form No. 212 (Work Experience Sheet);
- Vision and action plans for DOST-Caraga (both PowerPoint presentation and narrative);
- Updated service record (for those who served/are serving in the government) / certificate of employment (for those who served/are serving in the private sector)
- Performance Evaluation Ratings in the last three (3) years;
- Notarized affidavit indicating that the applicant has not been convicted of any administrative offense and/or crime must be submitted. if the applicant has a pending civil, administrative, and/or criminal case or was a party to any of these cases in the past, such fact must be disclosed;
- Medical certificate issued by a licensed government physician;
- 2’’x2’’ ID Photo (2pcs);
- Clearances from the CSC, NBI, Ombudsman, and Sandiganbayan; and
- Supporting documents such as certified true copy of training certificates, awards received, documentation of accomplishments and others
- Applicants who passed the initial screening process shall be required to take a competency written examination.
- The shortlisted applicants shall be required to undergo a psychological examination.
Applications must be received not later than 13 August 2021.
Note: selection of candidates is based on merit as per criteria indicated above.
Hence, endorsements from institutions/organization or officers/individuals are not necessary.
Please forward all applications to:
The Undersecretary for Regional Operations
Chairperson, Search Committee for the DOST-CARAGA Regional Director
Ground Floor, ADMATEL Building
Department of Science and Technology
Bicutan, Taguig City