The Grants-In-Aid Program of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST-GIA) aims to harness the country’s scientific and technological capabilities by providing financial grants to S&T programs/projects to spur a sustainable economic growth for the country.
WHO MAY AVAIL OF THE SERVICE:
Any Filipino public or private entity with proven competence may apply for the GIA support of DOST and its grants-giving units, provided that projects are for the benefit of Filipinos and based in the Philippines.
The GIA program provides grants for the implementation of programs/projects identified in the current DOST priorities and thrusts and supports S&T activities classified in the General Appropriations Act (GAA).
REQUIREMENTS OF APPLICANTS :
- Complete proposal following the DOST format
- Detailed breakdown of the required fund assistance to indicate the counterpart of the proponent’s institution and other fund sources to be accompanied by a cash program indicating the cash requirements of the project on a monthly basis
- SEC registration for partnerships, corporations, non-government organizations, documents of incorporation of the private sector proponent and other related legal documents
- Curriculum Vitae of Project Leader and other researchers/ implementers
- Accomplishment reports and audited financial reports of previous DOST-GIA funded projects (if any)
- Approval from the institution’s ethics review board for research involving human subjects or from an institutional animal care and use committee for animal subjects (if applicable)
- For proponents connected with private sector, Surety Bond Application Form, Co-signers Statement (if applicable) and Income Tax Return
- Clearance from National Committee on Bio safety of the Philippines for proposals with bio safety implications (if applicable)
For more info please click or visit the website: gia.dost.gov.ph.