SETUP stands for Small Enterprise Technology Upgrading Program. One of DOST’ s flagship program, SETUP is a nationwide strategy aimed at encouraging and assisting SMEs to adopt technology innovations to improve their operations; thus boost their productivity and competitiveness. The program enables firms to address their technical problems through technology transfer and technology interventions.
The Department of Science and Technology Small Enterprise Technology Upgrading Program is a nationwide strategy encouraging and assisting SMEs to adopt technology innovations to improve their operations and thus boost their productivity and competitiveness. Small and Medium enterprises (SMEs) is the backbone of the Philippine economy and forms the driving force for the country’s manufacturing sector and determine economic stability.
Where Does SETUP Concentrate its efforts?
SETUP has the following priority areas:
- Food Processing
- Grifts, Decors and Handicrafts
- Agriculture/ Marine/ Aquaculture
- Metals and Engineering
- Others (Information and Communication Technology, Pharmaceuticals and Health Products and Halal Products)
How does it change Things?
The program enables firms to address their technical problems through technology transfer and technology interventions to improve productivity primarily through
What can Beneficiaries get from SETUP?
With SETUP, a client SME can now:
- address current problems
- get free technical advice from Consultants
- avail of technical training courses for workers/ employees
- acquire new equipment to mechanize and/ or improve production lines
- standardize and improve the quality of products
- be more competitive